Monday, March 21, 2011

To speak the truth or not to speak the truth... that is the question!

So yesterday a conversation I had sparked some awesome thoughts in me...

Have you ever wondered... what is the cost of speaking up?  What does it gain you?  Does it make you seem arrogant?  Does it cause people to shy away from you?
These are some questions that I honestly can't answer yet!  Maybe I never will.  All I do know is that when I am in a situation where people are discussing controversial issues it is really hard to sit silent when someone tends to use their opinions or the opinions of others to base their discussion.  And what if you don't speak?  Who will?  I mean, you can say all day long that the sky is orange, and I can say all day that the sky is blue, and if it's blue then that's the truth!  Just because you want to believe it's orange doesn't carry any weight.  Especially if you were able to back up your reasoning with documented, founded truths that the sky is in fact blue! 
Now, taking it to a spiritual application, it breaks my heart to hear believers say, "Well, we just have to agree to disagree on our interpretations of Scripture"  Really?  How is that?  Seriously, could you say that homosexuality is wrong for you but ok for me?  Can you really say that we can just apply what we like to one area of our life and then leave behind the others?  Or reason that it's OK for one person and not for another... and don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about issues like eating pork, cutting your hair, wearing makeup, or even drinking... I'm talking about PRINCIPLES of God's Word.  The foundations of right and wrong, compromise and solidity.

So, my thoughts (take it or leave it),  I feel like I want to shout from the mountain tops:  Stand firm.  Give account.  Be brave.  Like God said to Joshua, "Be Strong and Courageous!"  There is no reason to be silent and go along with compromise when you have the chance to stand!  The truth is very simple you are either for Christ or against Him, and we need to be a people of walking the straight and narrow path (not narrow in loving the people of this world, but strong in our convictions and beliefs!)  How to change:  KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE!  Don't just take someone's Word for their teachings of God's Word.  Dig in, find out the truth, and be willing to question what you're taught!  There is nothing wrong with a right-hearted appeal!  


Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment